Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Haleiwa - North Shore


By far our favorite place on the island was the North Shore.  It is considered the "country" part of the island.  No big buildings, a slower pace of life, lots of local flavor, massive waves and killer sunsets!

Sea turtle sunny himself on the beach, very cool!  On our last day there we saw 6 sea turtles playing in the surf at Haleiwa Beach.

Andy eating his world famous Matsumoto's shave ice!  It was very yummy but didn't change my life.  You can get it with soft vanilla ice cream and/or Azuki beans in the bottom and sweetened condensed milk on the top.  I did NOT like the beans and wasn't so keen on the sweetened condensed milk but the ice cream was great!  See the line behind Andy, it's like that all day long every day!

1 comment:

christy said...

I'm so jealous! When I was there in July the sea turtles weren't! Looks like you had a great time. I didn't care for the Azuki beans either-blah!