Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I am super bad at this whole blog thing! I have so many things I want to tell you all about! Like the way cool "just in case" package I got from my friend Amber, and the "half-way" package from her and Becca! I want to tell you all about the tears, the hugs, the loves, the quiet moments and the noisy ones too! The smell of the oncologist office and how it makes me sick just to talk about it and the conditioned response I have to vomit every time I go there! And that the soap in their bathroom smells horrible! And about my chemo friends like Craig who is now in remission, and Caroline who talks loudly on her cell phone the entire time, and the girl and her husband who are their with her mom but bring themselves lunch from Taco Time and how the smell makes me want to vomit! ugh! About my cute dad and how he takes me every Wednesday to chemo and stays with me for a few hours and splits the time with my dear friends who come and sit for the last few hours with me and then take me home. My mom, who is still my mamma bear, and how she takes me every friday to get my pump off and is my voice to the nurses to explain how crappy I am feeling and how they need to pay more attention and demands they not just give me what I want but that they do it NOW! And my sweet Wednesday nurses Cory and Mandy who I want to be friends with forever! They make me feel important and not just like a cancer patient. We share stories, workout tips, talk about our kids, our hubbies and help each other plan trips! And have I told you about my oncologist? Dr Wendy Breyer, she is small but mighty! She is no nonsense, tell it like it is, strong but firm with the info she has to give you! And she likes the trashy news magazines too! So we share gossip about celebs and talk about them like we actually know them! And then there is the nausea, over whelming from Wednesday to Monday! Zofran and Phenegran help, but I'm still always in the edge. I have vomited the last 3 sessions :( And let's not forget the diarrhea - or BU as my brother Kevin taught me to call it! Let's just say that immodium is a life saver (and an undie saver too!). And I can't say thank-you enough for the prayers, thoughts, kind words, letters, emails, texts, Facebook messages, donations, flowers and the amazing 5k my kids put on for me! Your love for me and my family is amazing. One of my BFF's made the comment to me that we deserve this out pouring of love for the good we do in the community and that it is our good karma coming back to us! I sure hope so! And I hope that we (Andy, I and the kids) can continue to give back to you all when we are down with this trial! And my Andy ... there aren't words that do justice for the love I have for him. He is my rock, my best friend, my favorite person to be with at all times. Our life is crazy insane right now, and I couldn't do this without him by my side. My children are equally amazing, because they have his example to follow. I love you babe! Do I promise more blogs with more info? Not really, but I will try! Hugs and loves to you all!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Loved the update :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this with us! I always want to know, but don't want to be too annoying. Please know you can call for anything!

Hugs!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for posting Cami. One of my favorite things about you is everything is so genuine. I always feel like I see the real Cami. Hang in there. My love and prayers are coming your way.

Coach Andy Jacobs said...

My wife is a rock star... Its easy to love her. We are getting ready to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe we have been "hanging out" since junior high. Planning on another forever! Xoxo baby!

Amy Jacobs said...

You are so good at summing it up Camie! Thanks for sharing your feelings and experiences with all of us. It makes us stronger to, and love you even more than we already do! You are incredible!

beachleys said...

Hey Cami, I love reading your blog and looking at your pictures. It is great to see you when you are able to come out of the house. Our prayers are with you. I took some fun pictures at the Cami's Run and I want to send them via email. Can I have your email address.

Keep up the great treatment and recovery. You are looking great girl!

Beachleys