Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We share a name and now an injury ...

Cameron was named after his mother and now we share an injury!  When I was just over 7 years old I fell and broke both bones in my right arm just above my wrist.  Cameron is just shy of 7 years old and fell off his sister's rip-stick this morning and broke both bones in his right arm just above the wrist!  The following pictures are not for the faint of heart ...
pictures taken with my cell phone

Yep, it was pretty gross!  Andy is out of town this week, so I was on my own.  So of course I called in reinforcements! Big thanks to my brother Kevin and his sweet wife Michele for coming and holding my hand at the hospital (I did really well until they had to set it - I stood outside the door and cried while Kev & Michele sat with a sedated Cam). Thank-you Laurie for coming to the ER and taking my other 2 rugrats to the Jogging Broads picnic, they had a great time!  And thanks to Heather for keeping Syd with her family for the day!  I wish I could say I was calm, cool and collected ... but I wasn't!  I was shaking like a leaf. Thank-you to everyone for helping me out, staying with me and giving me a shoulder to lean on!


3 comments:

Amy Jacobs said...

MAJOR OUCH! That makes me cringe...poor Cameron (both of you). Hugs and kisses to him from Vegas! Maybe it's the luck of the house...Starlee had a double break in her arm when we lived there. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain!!!! Love you guys! Amy

Suey said...

Oh wow! That looks awful! Give him a hug from me.

What's Cookin?? said...

This is getting scary!!! I broke my arm like that when I was 7! in 2 places and it looked all crazy too! Poor kid!!! I feel so bad for him... and you!